Guidance material and tutorials to aid with your Informatica Intelligent Cloud Services (IICS) data integration
This is an accordion element with a series of buttons that open and close related content panels.
How to access two IICS Orgs/Environments at the same time
It is not possible to access multiple IICS Orgs/Environments in a single browser session as login information is cached during the session. The following methods can be used if you require access to multiple Orgs/Environments:
- Use multiple browsers: Login to one Org/Environment in one browser (eg. Google Chrome), and use another browser (eg. Firefox) to login to another Org/Environment.
- Private/Incognito mode: Login to one Org/Environment in your normal browser window, and use a private/incognito browser window to login to another Org/Environment.
How to create a Manifest group for your team for access control
DoIT uses Manifest groups to give teams access to the UW-Madison IICS environment.
Provisioning a team:
- Determine/create a Manifest folder – Your team will need to have a Manifest folder in order to create a group. If you don’t have an existing folder please follow the instructions found here to create a Manifest folder.
- Create a Manifest group – Please follow the instructions found here on how to create a Manifest group.
- To keep Manifest groups organized and easily identifiable, we recommend that you prefix the Manifest group name with the name of your department. Example: “DoIT-AIS-Enterprise-Integration-IICS”
- Grant privileges – Grant Read and View privilieges to your group for our team’s group (
uw:org:ais:ais-admins). This will allow our team to view the names of members in your group so that we know to set up their accounts in IICS. Follow the instructions found here
- Add your team members – After the Manifest group has been created you may then add your team members. Please read the document on Managing Manifest Group Members.
- Email our team – Once you have added the required members please email DoIT EI Integration Platform team (firstname.lastname@example.org) with the Manifest group path. Example: uw:org:ais:DoIT-AIS-Enterprise-Integration-IICS.
- Wait for response from our team – we will notify you when we have provided the members of your Manifest group to access IICS.
- Login to test and production – Each member of the Manifest group will need to login to each IICS environment (e.g. test and production) using their UW-Madison NetId, which will create an IICS user account for them automatically. The login urls will be provided to you.
- We will also provide you with your IICS User Group name which you will use to restrict access to your team’s assets in IICS: Use user groups to control access
- Notify our team – Please let us know when all group members have logged in once. We will then assign the IICS user accounts to the IICS User Group that was provided to you. We email to confirm when this action is complete.
- To remove an IICS user from your IICS User Group, delete the member in your Manifest Group. Please read the document on Managing Manifest Group Members.
- Once you have removed the required members please email email@example.com with the IICS User Group name, and the NetId of the member to remove. DoIT EI will notify you when we have removed the user from your IICS User Group.
Increase memory for Secure Agent
Java heap size can be increased according to the Informatica documentation.